Screw presses have been in use for various types of industrial applications, which includes handling materials such as sludge (biomass slurry), cattle-dung slurries such as cow and chicken manure. This approach is an effective means to reduce waste such as animal manure. The materials are fed into a screw from overhead, which is then pushed between a strainer and the screw where the water drains out. The solid waste is then collected from the screw-thread.
The Cow Dung Screw-Press is a continuous, horizontal operation screw that serves the purpose of dewatering or solid-liquid separation for a variety of different applications.
Liquids are extracted from 3 areas of a screw press in order to maximize recovery and output. The free liquids are immediately drained to lower the imposed hydraulic-load. The screw press comes equipped with cone motors and a separate main-drive for independent control of retention time and speed in the press.
The Cow Dung Dewatering Screw Press Machine serves the purpose of separating solids from the liquids. Around 60% to 80% of the liquids are separated from solids during these processes. These machines have been proven to be effective when it comes to dewatering waste such as cow dung.
The Dewatering Screw Press Machine For Cow Dung comes with these features:
– A filtering-drum (cylindrical) that comes with a diameter changing screw that creates a closed compressed space.
– During these processes, the inner-diameter will increase gradually.
– To arrive at automatic control and shaft dewatering, a pneumatic-backpressure disc is attached to one side of this screw.
– The extrusion spiral consists of twin-wing blades. These blades are made from stainless steel which is both wear and corrosion-resistant.
– The filter sieve is also made from stainless steel and made up according to the specifications and requirements of the client.
The Working Principle Of Dewatering Screw Press Machine
– When the screw shaft is in operation the cow manure is automatically pushed forward, as soon as it passes into the screw-press.
– As the area within this closed room starts to become smaller, the filtrates start to squeeze out, due to the backpressure disc that pushes the cow manure. The dung is then discharged from the end of the screw.
– As the filtrate passes through the stainless steel screen, it will flow out (discharge) into a collecting box.
– The end product (dry cow dung) that is obtained is efficient and effective due to the absence of moisture.
– The dryness consistency of the dung is easy to achieve thanks to the automatic control function associated with the pneumatic-backpressure disc. This pneumatic disc controls the overall discharging pressure, which results in a steady and uniform dryness associated with the final product (cow dung).
The Uses Of The Final Cow Dung
– The liquid materials are used directly as a type of organic fertilizer.
– The solid waste is often used as fertilizer to improve the structure of the soil.
– The dried cow dung is also made in a granular feed such as fish food.