A high output rotary drum granulator is an efficient fertilizer granulating machine and it is known to be perhaps one of the most essential pieces of machinery in large-scale NPK compound fertilizer production. With the introduction of steam vapor heating, all the raw materials in the rotary drum become uniformly moist during the granulation process. In the presence of steam vapor, key chemical reactions take place.
Rotary Drum Granulator Features:
1. High successful granulation rate. The granulation rate of the drum type fertilizer granulator in the best machines can exceed 85%, so they are ideal for efficient large-scale fertilizer manufacturing.
2. As raw materials are heated and moistened by steam vapor, the moisture content of the granules produced is not as high as that in granules produced in other types of fertilizer granulation machines. The reduced moisture content of formed granules means the drying process is more efficient.
3. The inside of the rotary drum is coated in a self-cleaning non-stick material, so it easy to maintain and raw materials do not adhere to the walls of the drum during mixing.
4. Constructed from high-grade anti-corrosive materials to ensure long service life.
5. Low energy consumption making it more environmentally friendly.
6. The working process is visible, so workers can quickly identify and fix any problems that occur during granulating. Thus, the efficiency of the production line is improved.
Rotary Drum Granular Core Components:
1. Main Bracket
The bracket has to support almost the entire weight of the machine and the contents of the drum.
The motor power the whole machine. It is typically fueled by diesel.
The gears ensure that the drum rotates in a smooth manner at a uniform speed. The gears get a lot of wear, so they need to make made from high-quality raw materials.
4. Rolling Belt
The rolling belt is fixed to each side of the machine to support the body of the rotary drum.
5. Main Barrel/Drum
The machine barrow is the core structure, so it is typically made from high-grade carbon steel. The machine body is coated with anti-corrosive materials. The capacity of the drum varies depending on the model.
When comparing different rotary drum fertilizer granules making machines for sale, it’s important to look at many technical parameters. Some of those parameters include inclination, barrel length, barrel rotation speed, barrel internal diameter, power, production capacity, machine weight, and overall dimensions. Some of the top models have production capacities exceeding 20 tons per hours, so it’s not hard to see how these machines are designed for large-scale fertilizer granulation processes.
Any type of granulator can turn powdery raw materials into different shaped granules, but there are lots of advantages to choosing a rotary drum design, especially if you plan to run a large-scale fertilizer production business. Some of the other types of granulators you can buy include disc pan fertilizer granulators, flat die extrusion granulators, double roller extrusion granulators and more. It is important to weigh up the benefits and drawbacks of each type. Also, make sure that you source your granulating machine from a top-rated manufacturer.